Monday, January 10, 2011

Community

I am starting school tomorrow.  For those who don't know, I am no longer a student at ORU, and will be gracing Metro Campus TCC with my intellectual prowess.  Honestly, I thought that I would avoid all classes there during my college career, but you know it's not going to be so bad.

This post is stemming from my recent perusing of Mr. Robison's blog where he records his Asian escapades. He really is a good writer. I find myself looking at my current conditions, and am less than thrilled. Every time I mention I work at Whole Foods, I either get the "you would" with slightly negative undertones, "you would" with a hint of delight and tongue and cheek, or "You would; it's your destiny."  Let's get this straight: I love my job, but bagging groceries is not what I see myself doing with the rest of my life. A degree in writing is a valid life choice, darnit.

Anyway, Grant's drinking out of coconuts whilst spearing manta rays (we can only hope he'll bring the killer of the crocodile hunter to justice!), and Hanna Kerm is trekking the holy streets and eating filafels, and Hannah Starke just spent Christmas in Africa, I have realized that my longest trek may be from my house to downtown Tulsa--which frankly, with all this construction, I may have to pack water and a PBJ for the ride.

I found myself the other day sharing my woes of being stuck with Gloppy the Molasses Monster while everyone's dancing with Princess Lolly.  Don't get me wrong, I am happy with how things are turning out, but I feel really stuck.  I am living at home, and my parents are great, but you know...I am still at home.  As I was telling my friend my frustration I am sure I looked like Agent Smith gripping God's Morpheus' bald head right before Neo saves the day. I would quote it, but heck you can watch it!


Ok I don't feel as strongly as Agent Smith, but you get my drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment